Even though we might not all be parents, we all have an idea of how demanding it could be to keep an eye on your little one.
However, it does not have to be as stressful anymore, thanks to baby monitors, which act as an extra set of eyes to watch over your little one as you carry on with other chores.
Baby monitors are among the essentials for expectant parents and families who already have a child who requires supervision for some tasks. It could be an audio baby monitor or a video monitor, which is basically an audio monitor with video capabilities.
As baby monitors become more popular by the day, it is important to know what features to look out for. Two-way talk with zero interference is vital for strictly audio monitors, while video monitors should have the video and image quality as one of their major selling points.
Connectivity, especially Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth are essential in video and audio baby monitors for remote monitoring. These are in addition to long-range transmission, night vision, and other features that come standard with most baby monitors.
Buying the right product to monitor your child while working remotely or do dishes still comes as a challenge for many parents. In this article are our top picks for which products deserve your hard-earned money.
Top Picks For Baby Monitors With Wi-Fi And Bluetooth Capabilities
1.Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor With Wall Mount
The Nanit Plus video baby monitor combines a great blend of features and portability when monitoring your baby. This is one of the best baby monitors on this list, with features like compatibility with Alexa, encrypted data-protection, stunning video quality.
Below are the specifications of the Nanit Plus baby monitor:
(i) Audio communication: 2 way (ii) Music Player: Yes (iii) Cameras:1 (iv) Connectivity: Wi-Fi (v) Video resolution: 960p (vi) Item weight: 1 pound (vii) Product dimensions: 3.3 x 3.5 x 1 inches (viii) Sensor Technology: NightVision
- Live alerts to let you know when your baby is moving, even if you are away from home.
- Two-way talk features so that the mother can talk back to the baby.
- Sensors for humidity and room temperature, with a sleek design.
- Secure data protection with 256-bit key encryption and two-factor authentication.
- Zoom and night vision to check on the baby in the middle of the night.
- Compatible with Alexa and Nanit app.
- Available in wall mount and floor stand options.
- Various user profiles for whoever is watching over your little one at each point in time.
- Tracking of stats and analytics in real-time, such as sleeping hours and sleep patterns of the baby.
- White noise to put babies to sleep.
- Nanit Plus video baby monitor could be a little bit on the expensive side.
- Nanit App is only available in English.
- There is no parent unit.
2.Infant Optics XDR 8 Audio And Video Baby Monitor
This is one of the best audio monitors to feature video capabilities. With an interchangeable lens and a zoom lens that allows for a closer view of your baby, this is definitely one baby monitor worthy of a four, or even five-star rating.
The Infant Optics XDR 8 allows for the addition of more security cameras at some extra cost. Below are the technical specifications of the Infant Optics XDR 8 video baby monitor:
(i) Transmission Range: 700 feet (ii) Frequency Type: FHSS (iii) Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 13.4 x 6.5 inches (iv) Battery Life: 10-12 hours (v) Display type: 3.5 inch LCD screen (vi) Product weight: 2 pounds (vii) Sensor Technology: NightVision
Check out our list of two camera baby monitors.
- Features zoom lens, pan, tilt, interchangeable, and a wide-angle lens for up to four cameras.
- Secure audio and video transmission via FHSS technology with two-way audio.
- Lightweight and portable design. Check out our choice options for portable baby monitors.
- Features night vision and sensors for taking room temperature.
- Alerts for warnings such as low battery with easy to navigate buttons.
- 3.5 inch LCD screen for remote video monitoring of your baby.
- Can be mounted on either the wall or the table.
- More expensive compared to other monitors.
- Range could be longer.
- The Infant Optics XDR-8 monitor does not display time.
3.Arlo Baby Video Monitor with High Definition Security Camera
The Arlo Baby Video Monitor is one of the best video baby monitors for striking a balance between features and pricing. Its 1080p high definition security camera provides users with excellent image quality and video quality to see the baby when they need to.
This is one great option for setting up a baby monitoring system if you have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection in your living space.
The technical specifications of the Arlo Baby video monitor are as follows:
(i) Product dimensions: 4.3 x 2.6x 2.5 inches (ii) Product weight: 1.2 pounds (iii) Video quality: 1080p HD, 30 fps (iv) Connectivity: Wi-Fi (v) Field of View: 130 degrees (vi) Audio: Speaker & Microphone (vii) Battery Capacity: 2440 mAh rechargeable battery
- 1080p HD video provides stunning image quality with a live video feed of your child.
- Offers cloud storage for videos and pictures for 7 days.
- Comes with Always Listening Mode, which streams audio from the camera’s microphone to your phone.
- Sensors to measure temperature, humidity, and air quality, and night vision.
- Compatible with Arlo App.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit, Stringify, Google Assistant, and IFTTT.
- Two way audio so you can talk to your baby from anywhere.
- Comes with a rechargeable battery and lullabies for your baby.
- Set and receive alerts and notifications in real-time, specially tailored by you.
- May be on the pricey side for some parents.
- Lacks pan and tilt.
- The slightest drop in Wi-Fi strength causes slow running of the Arlo app and monitor.
- Lacks an independent video monitor.
Read our review for best wifi baby monitors.
4.NexGadget Bluetooth HD Video Baby Monitor
Video baby monitors just keep getting better, and this video baby monitor sports a baby monitor camera with a 1080p HD display, plus other standard features such as two-way audio. However, this product adds a Bluetooth speaker with excellent sound quality to play your baby’s favorite lullaby.
Here are the technical specifications for this awesome video baby monitor
(i) Product dimensions: 9x 6.2 x 4.1 inches (ii) Product Weight: 1.4 pounds (iii) Video resolution: 1080p HD (iv) Connectivity: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Features a Full HD 1080p security camera that provides some of the best video available.
- Bluetooth speaker to play music and lullabies to put the baby to sleep.
- There is a day and night vision LED camera to provide illumination.
- Easy to setup with portable design.
- Motion detection alarm, with audio being streamed in real-time.
- Lacks an independent monitor.
5.GOODBABY Video Baby Monitor With 720 HD Display
The features that come with this video baby monitor are enough to compensate for the 720p display, compared to some products on this list with a 1080p HD display. Despite that, this still remains a suitable option to monitor your baby with.
Let’s take a look at the specs of this baby monitor, shall we?
(i) Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 7 x 4.5 inches (ii) Product Weight: 2.29 pounds (iii) Video resolution: 720 HD (iv) Frequency Type: FHSS Technology (v) Transmission Range: 960ft
- 5 inch 720 HD camera for rich video, and image quality.
- Infrared night vision to see your baby even when it is dark.
- Secure audio and video transmission via 2.4 GHz FHSS technology.
- Advanced speakers and microphone for crisp and clear two-way audio.
- A variety of lullabies to put the baby to sleep.
- Temperature sensors that give alerts in real-time.
- Long range transmission of up to 960ft.
- The VOX (Voice Activated Alert) may not be reliable.
- Sometimes, the battery does not last throughout the night.
6.Eufy SpaceView Video and Audio Baby Monitor
This is one of the best baby monitors in this segment for battery life and other standard features such as pan, zoom, and tilt options. You also get a thermostat, so you know the temperature of your baby’s room whenever you need to.
(i) Frequency Type: FHSS (ii) Camera resolution: 720p (iii) Battery Capacity: 2900mAh (iv) Transmission Range: 1000 feet (v) Product dimensions: 4.15 x 3.2 x3.2 inches (vi) Display type: LCD (vii) Product weight: 1.32 pounds (viii) Sensor Technology: NightVision
- 5 inch 720 pixel screen with wide-angle lens provides a great view of your baby’s room and surroundings.
- Easy to setup.
- Two-way talk capabilities.
- Night vision is available.
- Thermostat provides information on room temperature when you need it.
- Wall mount is included.
- Excellent battery life.
- Lacks Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Absence of night light.
7.Owlet Smart Sock Video Monitor
The Owlet Smart Sock has been touted as ”The Smartest Baby Monitor Of It’s Kind”, and it seems to live up to that title. Owlet claims that this is the first baby monitor to track your baby’s oxygen levels and heart rates. That’s some real stuff right there.
Any parent interested in baby monitors can set up a great baby monitoring system with this monitor and a smartphone. Here are the technical specifications of this awesome baby monitor;
(i) Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.5 x 0.7 inches (ii) Product Weight: 1 pound (iii) Sensor Technology: NightVision (iv) Battery Life: 16 hours
- Measures sleep trends and patterns.
- Sensors for oxygen level, heart rate with set parameters to help monitor your baby’s health better.
- Wireless charging option available.
- Long-lasting battery life (16 hours), with quick charging abilities.
- Intergrates seamlessly with Owlet Cam.
- Lightweight and comfortable on your baby.
- Easy to clean (take out the electrical components, and wash in the washing machine.
- Sock is functional only when within the Bluetooth range of a base station.
- Functional only when the baby is asleep.
- Sock could slip off.
8.Motorola Halo + over-the-crib Wi-Fi Baby Monitor
The Motorola Halo + Wi-Fi baby monitor is one of the baby monitors on our list that gives an overhead view of your baby, thanks to a mounting device. There is also the Hubble App, which helps monitor the child’s movement and motion on your phone.
1080pHere are the technical specifications of the Motorola Halo+
(i)Product dimensions: 16.5 x 8.25 x 63 inches (ii) Product weight:3 pounds (iii) Sensor Technology: NightVision (iv) Video Resolution: 1080p HD (v) Screen Display Size: 4.3 inch (vi) Range Indoors: 300m (vii) Connectivity: Wi Fi and Mobile internet
- Easy to setup, in addition to rich 1080p for a crisp HD video experience.
- Wi Fi baby monitor comes with a night light and light show projector.
- 4.3 inch color screen provides sharp videos and snapshots of the baby.
- The baby monitor camera is easily detachable.
- Receive insights such as your baby’s movements via the Hubble App.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Comes with pre-recorded lullabies, with the chance to add your recordings.
- Sensor for sound and motion detection plus room temperature display.
- Speaker and microphone for clear two-way audio.
- May pick up some background noise.
- Expesnive at 300 dollars.
- Some key features require a subscription.
- Handheld monitor has a low resolution.
9.Safety 1st HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor With Smart Audio
The Safety 1st HD baby monitor lets you keep an eye and an ear on your baby using your phone and an audio device controlled remotely. The Smart Audio unit and the parent-friendly app are guaranteed to give parents peace of mind.
The technical specifications for the Safety 1st HD Wi-Fi baby monitors are as follows:
(i) Product dimensions: 3 x7 x 8.5 inches (ii) Product Weight: 1.65 pounds (iii) Sensor Technology: 1.65 pounds (iv) Video resolution: 720p (v) Field of view: 130 degrees (vi) Transmission Range: 1,000 feet
- Easy to install and setup.
- Comes with free cloud storage for all your images and videos of your child.
- 130 degrees wide angle for a better view of your little one while in their room.
- Battery life of 12 hours on Smart Audio Unit.
- Physical encryption chip, AES 256-bit data encryption, and secure web transfer.
- Receive sound and motion alerts while you set custom alerts.
- Features two-way audio.
- Long range transmission of 1,000 feet. You can find good options for long range baby monitors here.
- Lacks lullabies and white noise
- No temperature or humidity sensors to monitor conditions in your baby’s room.
10.Miku Smart Baby Monitor With Two Way Audio
Just like the Owlet Smart Sock, this is one of the best baby monitors to track certain key vitals of your baby. Through your phone, you gain access to important data such as breathing sounds and sleeping patterns.
(i) Product Dimensions: 2.6 x 2.8 x 5 inches (ii) Product weight: 20.1 pounds (iii) Sensor Technology: NightVision (iv) Communication Technology: Wi Fi (v) Video resolution: 1080p at 30fps
- Comes with temperature and humidity sensors.
- Variety of sleep sounds and lullabies to choose from.
- Crisp camera for clear video feed and images of your child.
- Tracks monitoring and sleep patterns via Miku’s Sensor Fusion Technology.
- Motion and non-motion alerts.
- Offers free cloud storage free for 30 days.
- Two way audio for seamless communication.
- Cost a lot at $399.
- Not compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Be it the video resolution, or analytics such as sleep patterns, or even monitoring vitals. Each baby monitor has its own selling point. Depending on your budget and what features are key to you, there is a baby monitor suited to every parent and their little one.
Next time you find yourself at your local Target or BestBuy, ask about any of the products reviewed here. If you prefer to shop online, all items here are available on Amazon for sale.
Read: Check the best smart baby monitors available right now