We all need where to lay our heads after a day of work at the office, at the site, or after a long flight back home to be with our families and loved ones.
Although babies do not work (we all know this, don’t we), those little angels also need a soft crib to lay back and relax just like us.
A baby crib could come in many styles such as a convertible crib, foldable crib, and could come in materials such as solid pinewood. Most cribs where babies sleep should be capable of reducing the chances of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome to a large extent.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is the body in charge of inspecting products like toddler beds for safety and risk of injury.
Having gone through many options such as luxury high end baby cribs, affordable baby cribs, low profile cribs for short moms, mini cribs, safest baby cribs, and even 4 in 1 convertible baby cribs, we have made a detailed review of which baby cribs are worthy of a spot in your modern nursery.
We put in our best effort into this one, as your baby’s crib now could determine some of their sleep behaviors as they grow up.
- 1 Best Baby Cribs For Newborns
- 1.1 1. Pottery Barn Kids Kendall Crib
- 1.2 2. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
- 1.3 3. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib; Best 4 in 1 Baby Crib
- 1.4 4. Dream On Me Stationary Baby Crib; Best crib for folding
- 1.5 5. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib; Best baby crib in aesthetics
- 1.6 6. Babyletto Origami Portable Crib (Best baby crib for compact living spaces)
- 1.7 7. Million Dollar Baby Classic Abigail Baby Classic Crib
- 1.8 8. DaVinci Emily 2-in-1 Twin Bed and Mini Crib
- 1.9 9. Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
- 1.10 10. Gulliver Crib by IKEA; Best for Affordability
- 2 What Is The Best Crib For A Newborn?
- 3 What Are The Safest Cribs For Babies?
- 4 Is IKEA Crib Safe?
- 5 Are Pottery Barn Cribs Worth It?
|Best Baby Cribs||Check Product||Rating||Features||Dimensions||Material||Price|
|Pottery Barn Kendall Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.8||Easy to assemble, Greeguard Gold Certified, available in different finishes||57" x 32" x 44"||Solid poplar wood||$$|
|DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.7||Great price tag, convertible, and low in Volatile Organic Compounds||52.125" x 28.125" x 35"||New Zealand Pinewood||$$|
|Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.5||Easy to assemble, three adjustable mattress height positions||54.25" x 35.25" x 43.25"||Wood||$$$|
|Dream On Me Stationary Baby Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.4||Dual hooded locking wheels, folds for portability, converts to a playpen||54" x 31" x 46"||Pinewood||$|
|Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.3||Hidden hardware construction, has four adjustable mattress positions, and comes with 1 year manufacturer's warranty||53.75" x 29.75" x 35.00"||New Zealand Pinewood||$$$$|
|Babyletto Origami Portable Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.3||Features a foldable frame, compact design for small living spaces, finished in a non-toxic multi step painting process.||39.25" x 25.75" x 36"||New Zealand Pinewood||$|
|Million Dollar Baby Classic Abigail Baby Classic Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.2||Stunning vintage look, converts to a daybed, and a toddler bed, meets safety stamdard of ASTM, and CPSC||53.89" x 29.52" x 43.89"||Premium steel||$$|
|DaVinci Emily 2-in-1 Twin Bed and Mini Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.2||1-inch waterproof pad to protect mattress from spills, easy to setup, converts to a twin-sized bed||38.7" x 27.95" x 37.99"||New Zealand Pinewood||$$$$|
|Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib||Click Here To Buy||4.1||Wheels for portability, four adjustable mattress heights, GreenGuard Gold Certified||54.75" x 40" x 41.25"||New Zealand Pinewood||$|
|Gulliver Crib by IKEA||Click Here To Buy||4.0||Crib slat spacing allows for optimal ventilation, made from sold beech fram, and acrylic lacquer for durability, excellent balance of features and price.||52.5" x 29.5" x 32.625"||Solid beech frame and acrylic lacquer||$|
Best Baby Cribs For Newborns
What type of crib should you get for your baby’s nursery? As your baby grows, you might even need to change their baby crib, as baby cribs could prove to be too short making it easy for your child to crawl out.
Even when the baby grows up to 36 months of age, some parents still use cribs up to that point. Here are ten best baby cribs available right now that you can choose from.
1. Pottery Barn Kids Kendall Crib
We love this baby crib because of how durable it is, and how it fits in with your kid’s modern nursery, and other pieces of decor like stuffed animals and Lego blocks. Constructed with solid wood, assembly is quite easy, plus you get teething guards for the rail.
The Kendall Crib by Pottery Barns Kids is convertible (to a toddler bed), although the kit for that is sold separately. You would have to consider that when drafting a budget to make your baby comfortable.
- (i) Dimensions: 57” x 32” x 44”
- (ii) Convertible: Yes
- (iii) Mattress Setting: 3 adjustable mattress positions
- (iv) Usage: Until the child begins to climb, or reaches 35” in height
2. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
Finding a baby crib that is stable, sturdy, and does not wreck your budget is a rare combination in cribs nowadays. Enter the 4-in-1 convertible baby crib, crafted from ethically sourced, and environmentally-friendly New Zealand Pine Wood for all the sturdiness your little munchkin needs.
Wondering what 4 forms this baby crib can take on? Well, you get a day bed, a toddler bed, and a full bed without having to use any special equipment. It just “shapeshifts” to exactly what you need, and when you need it. It seems almost too good to be true for the price point.
- (i) Slat strength:135lbs
- (ii) Dimensions: 52.125″ x 28.125″ x 35″
- (iii) Toddler bed: 50lbs
- (iv) Full-size bed weight: 500lbs
- (v) Product weight: 56 pounds
- (vi) Material type: New Zealand pinewood
- (vii) Number of reclining positions: 4
3. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib; Best 4 in 1 Baby Crib
If you are in the market for a baby crib that does not require a lot of effort to assemble with reliable construction and an awesome price that won’t leave you wondering why you made that purchase, this convertible crib is the baby crib for you.
Thankfully, the guardrails for the toddler bed and the daybed are included, so you should have no worry about extra costs for that. However, keep in mind that you will have to get the rails for the full-size bed separately. Asides from that, I would say this is one of the best cribs in terms of design and assembly.
- (i) Product dimensions: 54.25″ x 35.25″ x 43.25″
- (ii) Minimum weight recommendation: 5 pounds
- (iii) Maximum weight recommendation: 35 pounds
- (iv) Material type: Wood
- (v) Number of reclining positions: 3
- (vi) Convertible: Yes
- (vii) Item weight: 62 pounds
4. Dream On Me Stationary Baby Crib; Best crib for folding
Ever heard of a crib that folds flat? I hadn’t either until I came across this baby crib that does just what it does best; folding. You get a full-size crib capable of folding flat with absolutely no disassembly needed.
This baby crib is also great for storage and travel, as the foldability feature makes it a really portable crib. The finishing on this baby crib is one of the best on our list, and it is crafted from solid pine wood. However, we wish there were adjustable mattress heights on this one, but you just can’t have it all.
- (i) Product dimensions: 54″ x 31″ x 46″
- (ii) Gender: Unisex
- (iii) Material Type: Pinewood
- (iv) Item Weight: 50 pounds
5. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib; Best baby crib in aesthetics
This is one of the baby cribs that comes with the conversion kit upfront, hence eliminating the need for extra costs. This is also one of the most stylish and aesthetically pleasing baby cribs on our list, so you know it’s quite a steal for every parent.
You get a baby crib, a toddler bed, and a daybed all in one. Keep in mind that the conversion kit is included but it does take the price up a bit. That alone probably makes this one of the most expensive convertible cribs on this list.
- (i) Product dimensions: 53.75″ x 29.75″ x 35.00″
- (ii) Assembled weight: 53.00 lbs
- (iii) Toddler bed weight: 50lbs
- (iv) Material type: New Zealand pinewood
- (v) Conversion: Yes, baby crib, to toddler bed and daybed.
6. Babyletto Origami Portable Crib (Best baby crib for compact living spaces)
Couples or single parents who are short on living space should consider mini cribs due to their small footprint in your living space. You can safely have this baby crib in a corner of your room, and not even notice it was there. It’s probably about the best mini crib in the market right now.
On the flip side, you should not be expecting any special features like being convertible like 4 in 1 baby cribs. When buying a mini crib such as this one by Babyletto, you should expect to replace it by your child’s first birthday.
- (i) Product dimensions: 39.25″ x 25.75″ x 36″
- (ii) Product weight: 50lbs
- (iii) Maximum weight recommendation: 1lb
- (iv) Maximum height recommendation: 1 inch
- (v) Product weight: 49.6 lbs
7. Million Dollar Baby Classic Abigail Baby Classic Crib
No baby crib has ever looked better when it comes to rails than the Million Dolla Baby Classic baby crib. This baby crib reminds us of classic American metal baby cribs before the introduction of baby cribs being made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood.
Crafted from premium steel with four adjustable mattress positions, this is one of the best baby cribs that strikes a balance between features and price. Lest I forget, it also converts to a daybed, and a toddler bed, although you’ll have to get the conversion kit separately.
- (i) Dimensions: 53.89″ x 29.52″ x 43.89″
- (ii) Convertible: Yes
- (iii) Mattress settings: 4 adjustable positions
- (iv) Material type: Premium steel
- (iv) Product weight: 77 lbs
- (v) Slat strength: 135lbs
- (vi) Toddler bed: 50lbs
8. DaVinci Emily 2-in-1 Twin Bed and Mini Crib
A mini crib capable of converting to a twin-sized bed for use as your baby grows up does sound like quite a steal for any parent shopping for baby cribs. Add three adjustable mattress positions to that, and you’ve got a versatile baby crib to cater to your child’s sleeping needs.
It’s also a mini crib so it fits excellently into small spaces with much ease. Assembly is also easy, with different finishes available plus customization. I would say this is a cute crib overall with a lot of emphasis on versatility and size.
- (i) Product dimensions: 38.7″ x 27.95″ x 37.99″
- (ii) Material type: New Zealand Pinewood
- (iii) Product weight: 28.8 pounds
- (iv) Minimum weight recommendation: 5 pounds
- (v) Maximum weight recommendation: 50 pounds
9. Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
The Jenny Lind convertible crib goes from a baby crib to a toddler bed, and a daybed, while sporting a chic and vintage look to add to your nursery’s aesthetic. The solid wood spindle posts make for easy assembly and conversion when you need it
Get the matching Jenny Lind Changing Table, Dressers, and Nightstand to complete the look for your baby’s nursery. Totally awesome for a 3-in-1 convertible crib.
- (i) Product dimensions: 54.75″ x 40″ x 41.25″
- (ii) Maximum weight recommendation: 50 pounds
- (iii) Material Type: New Zealand Pinewood
- (iv) Convertible: Yes
- (v) Number of reclining positions: 4
- (vi) Maximum weight recommendation: 50lbs
- (vii) Item weight: 40 lbs
10. Gulliver Crib by IKEA; Best for Affordability
When a company that is into furniture like IKEA makes a crib for babies, you better know it’s going to be impressive. This baby crib has many features, and takes your baby’s safety into consideration without having to break the bank.
This baby crib is suitable for kids up to two years old. You also get a daybed, and a toddler bed plus it is super-easy to assemble. If you are looking for a baby crib that provides safety and will last long at an affordable price, then this is the baby crib for you.
- (i) Product dimensions: 52.5″ x 29.5″ x 32.625″
- (ii) Materials type: Solid beech frame, acrylic lacquer
- (iii) Convertible: Yes
- (iv) Bed width: 27.5″
- (v) Bed length: 52″
What Is The Best Crib For A Newborn?
When it comes to the best baby cribs, the Babyletto 3-in-1 convertible crib is our pick.
The design is modern and chic, easy to assemble, and is loaded with other crib features which every parent would find great.
Reviews from parents have showed that this crib delivered optimal satisfaction after purchase.
Ther’s a also a 1-year warranty on it.
What Are The Safest Cribs For Babies?
The Davinci Kalani is one of the safest, and one of the best baby cribs on the market. The build is quite sturdy, so chances of your baby failing over from shaking the crib is almost zero.
The crib slats are close together, and this baby crib is GreenGuard Gold Certified, meaning less chemical emissions, and volatile organic compounds.
Is IKEA Crib Safe?
Constructed from solid beech frame, and dual height settings, I would give this crib 5 starts when it comes to safety. The rails are ridiculously high, so best believe your baby won’t be crawling out anytime soon.
Are Pottery Barn Cribs Worth It?
Nothing of great quality comes cheap, so yes they are. The price might be on the high side, but you will always see this crib among the best cribs on almost every site that reviews baby gear.
If you would like to learn more about baby care and other baby essentials, please check our home page.